Did you know only 10% of your facebook followers see your facebook posts?
It's shocking isn't it? We spend so much time and effort posting trying to post the right things to all these social networks. We can spend hours doing it.
Yet there is no guarantee our followers will see the content we have carefully crafted.
Did you know 90% of the emails you send to prospective customers actually reach their inbox?
This statistic alone shows how amazing email marketing is.
Check your inbox. How many emails have you received today from companies?
I am guessing quite a few. Companies send these emails because email marketing works. It works for big companies, and it works for small companies.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is simply emailing customers and prospective customers about new products, new services or anything you wish to inform them about.
Why should I use email marketing?
If the stats above were not enough reason to use email marketing here are some more benefits of promoting your business through email marketing:
1. It can be free- you can set up an email marketing campaign without any cost except for time.
2. You will be speaking to people who are already interested in you. They have given you their email address, which means they are interested in your business. This makes them more likely to buy from you.
3. You can personalize emails, in today's world people want to make connections and you can personalize emails and build relationships.
4. Your customers can pass your emails on. How great is that?
5. You can get an amazing return on investment.
6. You can measure your results via click through rates.
How do I set it up?
There are thousands of step by step guides for email marketing, however here is a simple guide to setting up an email marketing campaign?
1. Sign up with an email marketing platform for example mailchimp or convertkit or any other email marketing platform. There is a large choice of platforms, and a comparison chart can be found here
2. Build an email list. Make sure that you sign up people who are happy to be contacted by you. You can get peoples emails by offering a freebie/ lead magnet (a guide or worksheet or webinar or quiz). Please remember: do not collect more information than you need; do not buy lists; and do not sell peoples details.
3. Start to set up an email campaign. Send a welcome email and then regular emails, at least once a week. Try to send 5-10 emails before you send emails with selling information.
4. Send emails with content that would interest your ideal clients. Do not just send sales emails all the time.
5. Test different subject lines, times of the day and content to see what works.
6. Evaluate what works and continue doing the things that bring customers.
7. Bear in mind you must comply with GDPR and data compliance.
I have created a video which will give you more hints and tips and ideas on email marketing. The video can be found below.
Whatever business you are in I believe you should try email marketing and discover how it can change your business for the better.
I would love to know do you use email marketing? Share a comment on what works for you?
For more information on email marketing, or if you would like to discover the best methods to promote your business please get in touch here or book on the Attracting Customers Bootcamp where I take you step by step through the simple processes you need to grow your business.
Sharing marketing ideas, business tips and so much more.