Wow, what a year.
Looking back over the past 12 months, I feel a complete mixture of emotions. I have had some of the most amazing highs, from starting my dream marketing business to seeing my son grow into a feisty 2 year old. I have also had some of my lowest moments, namely loosing my beloved Dad in June.
As always, I find December a brilliant time to reflect, accept and move on.
I wanted to share with you some of my own findings as I reflect on the rollercoaster year that was 2019.
1. Building a business- you will feel crazy at times. I have managed to turn a spark of an idea into a fully functional business. It has been manic. Over 6 months I have created a marketing business where I have impacted so many business owners and help them achieved their dreams.
2. The best marketing method is conversation and relationships. I believe the world is moving more and more online, just look at the importance of social media in the latest election. And because of this, we as humans are creating physical interactions and actual relationships so much more.
3. The experience is key for 2020. In todays online world everything is at your finger tips. But the businesses that will succeed are the ones that go the little bit further for their customers, and make them feel special.
4. Vanity. I have noticed vanity is still huge, especially with social media. However by showing up as you, you will make a huge impact in your circle and stand out from competitors.
5. Social is still important- in the right way. Social media is vital for getting in front of people, but only if you are use it for social interaction and selling.
6. Costs- keep an eye on your costs to make sure that your profits stay high. It is so easy to make a small mistake in your costings. To make sure that you get it right imaging you are employing people to do everything and base your costings on that.
7. Standing out brings in customers. This year I have tried organising events, social media marketing, web marketing and talks. The things with the greatest results- events and talks.
I am sure there is so much more to share with you, however these are the biggest takeaways I feel are worth noting from 2019.
Now I am off for a mince pie and glass of mulled wine, and I'll check back in 2020.