I love giving out information and helping small businesses grow into incredibly amazing ones.
Too help small businesses grow I give out free weekly tips in my Marketing Monday videos. Every week I talk about a new tool, technique or I just share marketing advice. Completely free.
It is so simple to get this information, not only do I share it on facebook, I have a Youtube channel where you can find the videos at any time.
Simply click here to access the channel.
Some of the most popular videos include:
How to use Facebook Lives
Who influences your customers buying decision
An introduction to marketing
An introduction to email marketing
Now if you want notifications of every time a new video is launched, simply sign up to my email list below and you will get information straight into your inbox.
I would love to know how you have found the videos and whether they have helped you grow your business?
Love Carrie xx
Who here is fed up of the noise on facebook and social media?
In the last 3 days I have counted over 100 ads for one course to help you grow your business. How I wish there was a way I could switch off the ads.
This got me thinking about using social media for what it is really meant for- being social. And I decided I wanted to help a group of female business owners with big dreams by not only providing marketing hints and tips (which I do on my page). I also wanted to provide a safe space for ranting, or for the days where you just don't feel it.
So I have created Marketing for Female Entrepreneurs
So why should you choose this free facebook group? Here are 5 reasons;
1. We need support.
No man or woman is an island and we are not programmed that way. So this provides a community and support for you to grow your dream business.
2. Your friends may not get it.
If your friends are not on the crazy entrepreneurial rollercoaster this is a place to make friends who are.
3. We are really nice!
We are all in the same boat and we don't let nasty people in the group.
4. You can get advice from other business owners.
Struggling to find the right wording? Tired because you have had no sleep? Find advice from others.
5. Free advice 24/7.
Ask me anything at any time.
So if you are ready to come and join, simply click here:
We can't wait to have you with us!
To all the entrepreneurial addicted Mums and Dads out there...
Sometimes I feel as though I am living two lives, one as a successful businesswomen and one as a Mum and wife. Daily I wake up feeling as though these lives are fighting one another. It's hard.
Now I know I am not alone in this. Hourly I see many Mumpreneurs or Mums in Business who know this struggle is real.
From the other side, I know as a daughter this struggle is real. My parents owned their own business and Dad married 3 times ( I came from the third marriage) and to be honest my early memories are off Mum and Dad talking business around the table, peppered with his trips abroad. I know this struggle is not a new one.
And it's amazing that we can be Mums (or Dads) and hold down jobs, or build the business of our dreams. However as humans we cannot give 100% to everything all of the time.
So today I wanted to share with you some tips that have made my life as a Mum in Business or Mumpreneur easier:
1. Family is first. No matter the client or the urgency if I am needed by my family they have to come first. Loosing Dad last year showed me we have one life only. They will be around a lot longer than business or my clients. Please note this does not mean I ignore clients, it just means it may take a little while longer to get the right answer.
2. There is work time and there is family time. I schedule at least 1/2 hours daily for growing my business, and I am often found working at 10pm doing the extra things I need to do..
3. Prioritise. I love lists, I have lists everywhere. These keep me going. I list everything I need to do, and every night highlight the must do's for tomorrow.
4. Top three. I have a secret- I can't time block. My life does not fit into neat 30 minute slots. But what I can do is have a must do list of three things to do daily.
5. Limit time on social media. I am still doing this but when my family are there, there is no facebook, Instagram or Linkedin.
6. Off time. My husband doesn't think I know what off time is, and yes sometimes I lie in bed with a thousand thoughts going through my head. But I make sure I spend time with friends and family every week.
7. Remember your why. My Mum said to me a few days ago- there is no point having a succesful business but no family to go home too. And for me this is true. Success to me is helping businesses grow and giving my family the life we want. Therefore I need the family to be there, and sometimes work has to be put to one side. Work out your goals and what success means to you.
8. Embrace the fact you can't do it all. So what if the washing gets left, or the gym is ignored for another week. I would rather spend the time with my family and Robert and then use the other time to grow the business.
I recently read you want your business to support you, and not you to support your business. And I think all of us with entrepreneur addiction need a reminder time and time again.
What are your tips for managing the you vs the entrepreneur in you?
Love Carrie xx
Marketing for Small Business
I remember when I first started out in business. The concept of marketing seemed this overwhelming task which was only relevant to big businesses.
I then spent some time looking into marketing and went on to train in marketing. When I first started the course, we had to tell the college what business we worked for. And at first the lecturer seemed doubtful that the course would be applicable to a small business.
Wasn't she wrong.
After the very first week I had skills and techniques that I could take away and implement. I saw the results immediately.
So this week I wanted to tell you the basics of marketing to help you make the most of marketing your small business. This weeks video can be found here.
Marketing is soo relevant to small businesses.
Marketing is about so much more than just promotion.
Marketing is about:
I have explained all of these in the latest video which can be found below:
And every week I will look a little bit deeper into marketing.
But if you need somewhere to begin simply ask yourself:
1. What do your customers need?
2. What benefits do your products or services bring?
3. What price do you need to sell at to meet your needs and your customers?
4. How can you tell them about your products or services?
5. How can you offer an amazing customer experience?
I would love to know how you answer the questions, and to find out how you use marketing in your small business?
Find out more...
Today I received a super amazing email. It told me that my podcast with the incredible Carrie Green from the Female Entrepreneurs Association was now live!
You can find it right here.
Now Carrie has inspired me from the moment that I started my bridal boutique, to get out there and make your business work. She was my very first, and most inspiring mentor.
Around May last year she was looking for guests on her podcast and I thought I would give it a go. She asked for a video- something I hated doing at the time.
In September I received an email saying she would like to feature me. Cue happy dance!
I then hadn't heard anything. Imposter syndrome seriously kicked in! My immediate thoughts was that she had found someone better, more qualified than me.
I then had an email in January, the podcast was booked for the following week. (It turned out to be a video interview so I quickly went out and bought some clothes that looked good on camera!)
I did the interview and enjoyed every second. Trust me, if you are looking for a mentor please have a look at the FEA and Carrie.
Today I saw the email- the podcast had landed. And I am delighted to share it with you right here.
I hope you enjoy, and remember apply for every opportunity. Who knows where it will get you.
How to stop feeling overwhelmed in business
Do you own your own business yet sometimes wake up feeling a little confused and frustrated?
Or maybe you feel like you are running from A to B to C and those big plans are being put on hold because you don't have time to start the work on your business?
Or maybe you just spend hours on social media looking for clients, and the next thing you know you have wasted a day.
Welcome to feeling overwhelm. Now overwhelm is a nasty little creature as it can do all kinds of things to your mindset. Today I want to share with you some tips to send overwhelm packing.
There are some things to remember when you feel overwhelmed:
1. It is common to feel overwhelmed, it does not mean you are a failure or you should give up.
2. There are some simple steps you can take to overcome feeling overwhelmed. Let's explore these now.
As always there is a video on how to overcome overwhelm, and this weeks video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbthlc7XMeo&t=2s
1. Take a day off.
Rest, recharge and recuperate. Have a day off work- I know this can be so difficult when you are building your empire, but trust me your business will not fail if you take one day out. Do something that makes you happy.
Write out your why. Write down anywhere your big why- why are you in business? What amazing changes will you bring to other people's lives? What changes will you bring to yours?
Create some clear goals for yourself. Look at what you really want to achieve this year. Write it down. That is what you need to focus on. Every other should or could do that pops into your head- tuck it away until you have hit this years goals first.
List the actions you need to take to reach those goals- this is your focus for the next few months.
5. Time block.
I know as a business owner, or a business owner Mum time blocking can be difficult to do. You may get unexpected client queries or bookings that through you off. If you can create a timeblock like below great:
8am- Write blog post
9am- Write new emails
10am- Record new videos
11am- Check and respond to emails
12.45pm- Work on client work
If this is not something you can do and I am definitely in this group of people, simply list 3 things you want to achieve each day and focus on those. This is what my week looks like:
6. Market Daily
Do one thing everyday to promote your business. Whether this is respond to a query, post on social media or draft a leaflet. Make sure everyday you do one activity a day.
As you can see there are some really simple steps to take you from overwhelm into complete control and set for success. I would love to know if you ever feel overwhelmed or what has worked for you? Please leave a comment below if there are any tips or hints you can share.
Did you know only 10% of your facebook followers see your facebook posts?
It's shocking isn't it? We spend so much time and effort posting trying to post the right things to all these social networks. We can spend hours doing it.
Yet there is no guarantee our followers will see the content we have carefully crafted.
Did you know 90% of the emails you send to prospective customers actually reach their inbox?
This statistic alone shows how amazing email marketing is.
Check your inbox. How many emails have you received today from companies?
I am guessing quite a few. Companies send these emails because email marketing works. It works for big companies, and it works for small companies.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is simply emailing customers and prospective customers about new products, new services or anything you wish to inform them about.
Why should I use email marketing?
If the stats above were not enough reason to use email marketing here are some more benefits of promoting your business through email marketing:
1. It can be free- you can set up an email marketing campaign without any cost except for time.
2. You will be speaking to people who are already interested in you. They have given you their email address, which means they are interested in your business. This makes them more likely to buy from you.
3. You can personalize emails, in today's world people want to make connections and you can personalize emails and build relationships.
4. Your customers can pass your emails on. How great is that?
5. You can get an amazing return on investment.
6. You can measure your results via click through rates.
How do I set it up?
There are thousands of step by step guides for email marketing, however here is a simple guide to setting up an email marketing campaign?
1. Sign up with an email marketing platform for example mailchimp or convertkit or any other email marketing platform. There is a large choice of platforms, and a comparison chart can be found here
2. Build an email list. Make sure that you sign up people who are happy to be contacted by you. You can get peoples emails by offering a freebie/ lead magnet (a guide or worksheet or webinar or quiz). Please remember: do not collect more information than you need; do not buy lists; and do not sell peoples details.
3. Start to set up an email campaign. Send a welcome email and then regular emails, at least once a week. Try to send 5-10 emails before you send emails with selling information.
4. Send emails with content that would interest your ideal clients. Do not just send sales emails all the time.
5. Test different subject lines, times of the day and content to see what works.
6. Evaluate what works and continue doing the things that bring customers.
7. Bear in mind you must comply with GDPR and data compliance.
I have created a video which will give you more hints and tips and ideas on email marketing. The video can be found below.
Whatever business you are in I believe you should try email marketing and discover how it can change your business for the better.
I would love to know do you use email marketing? Share a comment on what works for you?
For more information on email marketing, or if you would like to discover the best methods to promote your business please get in touch here or book on the Attracting Customers Bootcamp where I take you step by step through the simple processes you need to grow your business.
Sharing marketing ideas, business tips and so much more.