Did you know only 10% of your facebook followers see your facebook posts?
It's shocking isn't it? We spend so much time and effort posting trying to post the right things to all these social networks. We can spend hours doing it.
Yet there is no guarantee our followers will see the content we have carefully crafted.
Did you know 90% of the emails you send to prospective customers actually reach their inbox?
This statistic alone shows how amazing email marketing is.
Check your inbox. How many emails have you received today from companies?
I am guessing quite a few. Companies send these emails because email marketing works. It works for big companies, and it works for small companies.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is simply emailing customers and prospective customers about new products, new services or anything you wish to inform them about.
Why should I use email marketing?
If the stats above were not enough reason to use email marketing here are some more benefits of promoting your business through email marketing:
1. It can be free- you can set up an email marketing campaign without any cost except for time.
2. You will be speaking to people who are already interested in you. They have given you their email address, which means they are interested in your business. This makes them more likely to buy from you.
3. You can personalize emails, in today's world people want to make connections and you can personalize emails and build relationships.
4. Your customers can pass your emails on. How great is that?
5. You can get an amazing return on investment.
6. You can measure your results via click through rates.
How do I set it up?
There are thousands of step by step guides for email marketing, however here is a simple guide to setting up an email marketing campaign?
1. Sign up with an email marketing platform for example mailchimp or convertkit or any other email marketing platform. There is a large choice of platforms, and a comparison chart can be found here
2. Build an email list. Make sure that you sign up people who are happy to be contacted by you. You can get peoples emails by offering a freebie/ lead magnet (a guide or worksheet or webinar or quiz). Please remember: do not collect more information than you need; do not buy lists; and do not sell peoples details.
3. Start to set up an email campaign. Send a welcome email and then regular emails, at least once a week. Try to send 5-10 emails before you send emails with selling information.
4. Send emails with content that would interest your ideal clients. Do not just send sales emails all the time.
5. Test different subject lines, times of the day and content to see what works.
6. Evaluate what works and continue doing the things that bring customers.
7. Bear in mind you must comply with GDPR and data compliance.
I have created a video which will give you more hints and tips and ideas on email marketing. The video can be found below.
Whatever business you are in I believe you should try email marketing and discover how it can change your business for the better.
I would love to know do you use email marketing? Share a comment on what works for you?
For more information on email marketing, or if you would like to discover the best methods to promote your business please get in touch here or book on the Attracting Customers Bootcamp where I take you step by step through the simple processes you need to grow your business.
How you can make sure your marketing message makes you
We all understand how important it is too make a good impression.
I read recently it takes 7 seconds for someone to form a first impression when you meet them- it seems crazy doesn't it?!
It's exactly the same when people see your business, whatever they see will impact the impression that they form of you.
Now although this can seem incredibly overwhelming, this can be used to our advantage. Because we can use this knowledge and create one sentence that will create the impression that we want to give our clients.
How? Through our marketing message.
This one magic sentence is all we need to influence how our customers see us, and it is really easy to create.
I have developed a 4 step system to help you create the perfect marketing message and I have created a video just for you, which explains it.
The video can be found here.
In the video I will teach you step by step how to create a marketing message that sticks in your customers mind, and tells them all the fantastic benefits that you bring to them.
Although I share a lot in the video, I have covered this topic in much greater detail as part of the Attracting Customers Bootcamp, so if you would like more information on the topic or further guidance then please have a look at the course here.
I would love to see your marketing messages and if you would like to share yours, please pop along to the facebook group and come and say hello.
In the meantime have an amazing week.
The answer is probably yes!
We all know the importance of working out our ideal customer.
Yet over the past week I have heard so many people say that they have tucked there Ideal Customer Profile away and have never used it.
Well I am a great believer in only doing things that will benefit your business. And I promise you that working out your Ideal Client will benefit you in so many ways.
Unless it is tucked away out of your mind.
You can use ideal client to make sure every decision that you make, is based on your ideal clients needs. This will help you attract them and sell to them.
So what your can ideal client help with:
1. How to price your products or services, because you will know how they value your product or service.
2. How to know when to introduce something new, because their needs have changed
3. How to promote your products or services because you know where they hang out.
This week I have done a video exploring everything to do with your ideal client, and you can find the video here:
So get your ideal client out of the drawer, pin it somewhere obvious and consider what they want every time you have to make a decision.
I would love to know how often you make decisions based on your ideal client, please share in the comments below.
P.S. Don't forget the ACB of Business will help you use your Ideal Client to attract more clients.
It's the New Year, and with the New Year comes resolutions.
However resolutions can sometimes bring overwhelm.
So many business owners feel excited to start a new year, and then a few days in feel overwhelmed as hitting those goals can seem bigger than Mount Kilimanjaro!
If you want to attract more customers is a new year's goal (and let's face it, for most of us it is!), then here are 12 things you can do in less than 1 hour to promote your business.
I would love to hear how you get on, or if you have any more ideas to promote your business quickly. Please share them below.
Don't forget take one small step every day to promote your business, and you will reach thousands more people within twelve months!
Wow, what a year.
Looking back over the past 12 months, I feel a complete mixture of emotions. I have had some of the most amazing highs, from starting my dream marketing business to seeing my son grow into a feisty 2 year old. I have also had some of my lowest moments, namely loosing my beloved Dad in June.
As always, I find December a brilliant time to reflect, accept and move on.
I wanted to share with you some of my own findings as I reflect on the rollercoaster year that was 2019.
1. Building a business- you will feel crazy at times. I have managed to turn a spark of an idea into a fully functional business. It has been manic. Over 6 months I have created a marketing business where I have impacted so many business owners and help them achieved their dreams.
2. The best marketing method is conversation and relationships. I believe the world is moving more and more online, just look at the importance of social media in the latest election. And because of this, we as humans are creating physical interactions and actual relationships so much more.
3. The experience is key for 2020. In todays online world everything is at your finger tips. But the businesses that will succeed are the ones that go the little bit further for their customers, and make them feel special.
4. Vanity. I have noticed vanity is still huge, especially with social media. However by showing up as you, you will make a huge impact in your circle and stand out from competitors.
5. Social is still important- in the right way. Social media is vital for getting in front of people, but only if you are use it for social interaction and selling.
6. Costs- keep an eye on your costs to make sure that your profits stay high. It is so easy to make a small mistake in your costings. To make sure that you get it right imaging you are employing people to do everything and base your costings on that.
7. Standing out brings in customers. This year I have tried organising events, social media marketing, web marketing and talks. The things with the greatest results- events and talks.
I am sure there is so much more to share with you, however these are the biggest takeaways I feel are worth noting from 2019.
Now I am off for a mince pie and glass of mulled wine, and I'll check back in 2020.